Spiced apple desserts with cinnamon, nutmeg, and other classic fall flavors are delicious. The recipe reduces the fat and sugar in traditional apple dessert but doesn’t sacrifice on the presentation. Guests will love the festive display of apples in a rose with all the delicious flavors of fall.
- 4 honey crisp apples, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Optional – 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a muffin tin with spray oil.
- In the muffin tin, line slices apples around the edges, working your way in so that they form a rose.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the oat and sugar mixture on top of the rose.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until apples are soft and the top is caramelized. Scoop ¼ cup of vanilla ice cream on top if desired.