Roasted Vegetable Salad with Green Goddess Avocado Dressing
Incorporating veggies into meals isn’t always the easiest task. We want to be healthy, but if the flavor isn’t there, chances are vegetables will be left untouched on our plate. Luckily, this recipe makes your serving of greens with lunch or dinner a lot more appetizing.
The best part is that you change up the veggies depending on what you enjoy. Tomatoes, carrots and green beans are just a few examples of some great alternative ingredients.
Butternut squash are in season from September through December, Brussels sprouts are in season from August through November and peppers are in season from July through October.
If you liked this recipe, check out these articles below and be sure to subscribe to get Food updates from A Healthier Michigan right in your inbox.
- Roasted Beetroot, Squash and Feta Salad in Lemon Vinaigrette Topped with Candied Walnuts
- Looking for a refreshing, healthy, quick lunch idea? Why not an avocado tomato salad!
- Need salad dressing? Think outside the jar
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
For Green Goddess dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh chives or green onions (packed into measuring cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon (packed into measuring cup)
- 2 Tbsp. basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (packed into measuring cup, I used flat-leaf Italian parsley)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste (or more, depending on how much you like anchovies)
- 1/2 cup mayo (I used full-fat mayo, but use reduced-fat mayo if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ a ripe avocado
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
For roasted vegetables:
- 2 red bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 lb. butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, hulled and halved
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
Roasted Vegetable Salad
Instructions for dressing – make this first
1. Place all herbs into food processor: chives, tarragon, basil and parsley. Pulse until finely chopped. If you do not have a food processor, you may also finely chop with a knife.
2. Add lemon juice, white wine vinegar and anchovy paste and pulse until mixed thoroughly.
3. Add mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, avocado, salt and pepper. Food process until all ingredients are well combined.
4. Chill for a few hours to allow flavors to meld before serving on roasted vegetable salad.
Instructions for roasted vegetables
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. In a large bowl, mix the butternut squash, bell pepper, Brussels sprouts, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and olive oil until the veggies are evenly coated.
3. Pour the vegetables onto a baking sheet in one even layer and roast for 40 minutes.
4. Plate the roasted veggies. Spoon on the Green Goddess avocado dressing and serve!
Inspired from Tasty