Basic Summer Survival Guide
Summer’s the perfect time for rest and relaxation. But an unexpected accident or health scare can derail your plans. Be mindful of your surroundings and take the following precautions to ensure a safe summer season.
- How to Properly Store Food: High heat is a breeding ground for food and bacteria. Without proper storage, meals can spoil and potentially spread disease. Here’s what you should know about foodborne illnesses and how to prevent them.
- How to Stay Hydrated: Did you know eating foods high in water content can prevent dehydration? In fact, foods such as celery, watermelon, berries, and many others are more than 90% water. Find creative ways to replenish fluids and stay cool under the hot sun.
- How to Clean Your Grill: According to a British study, the average BBQ grill contains 1.7 million microbes per square centimeter—that’s 124% more than a toilet seat. Prevent unwanted foodborne illnesses by following these steps to a safer and healthier grill.
- How to Stay Safe Under the Sun: Skin is the largest organ of the body and skin cancer is the most common of all cancers. Overexposure to the sun increases your risk of disease, so practice these tips to minimize damage.
- How to Prevent Pool-Related Injuries: On average, 10 people drown each day in the U.S., with most victims being children. Here is how to watch, listen, and learn while navigating the pool.
- How to Manage Chronic Health Conditions: Summer weather can bring an increase in heat-related illnesses that may lead to severe injury or even death. Learn how to beat the heat and manage the most common medical conditions.
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Family Safe While Swimming this Summer
- Summer is Here: Practice These Summer Safety Tips!
- Food Storage Hacks to Keep You Healthy and Avoid Waste
Photo credit: Bolot
(Visited 98 times, 1 visits today)