Avocado Paletas Recipe
When I say avocados, you say … ice cream?
Did you know that avocados are actually a great substitute for dairy products? Avocados can create the creamy texture in sweet recipes, and for dairy-free individuals or even those looking to try something new, avocados are the perfect substitute!
Not only do avocados help our bodies absorb antioxidants and reduce the risk of heart disease by being a great source of heart healthy fat, they’re also a great source of vitamins C and B6, fiber, folate and potassium. Try making this easy summer treat the next time you find yourself craving ice cream.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
- Banana Swirl Ice Cream
- National Ice Cream Day: Three Ways to Indulge Without Guilt
- 3 Ice Cream Recipes to Keep You Cool this Summer
Photo credit: Foodie Factor
- 2 ripe avocados (peel and remove the stone)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. honey or more to taste
- Lime juice from 1/2 of a lime
- 2 Tbsp. coconut water or more as needed
1. Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Add more honey if you prefer your ice cream on the sweeter side.
3. Add more coconut water if it seems thick.
4. Pour into Popsicle molds and add sticks in the center.
5. Freeze until frozen solid (about 2 hours).