Seven Apps to Help You Feel Happier and Less Stressed
There are smart phone apps for almost everything related to your physical health: tracking runs while preparing for a race, jotting down what you eat throughout the day and even monitoring your sleep habits. But you may not know that there are also some pretty great apps that focus on your mental health. Whether you are feeling overly stressed, struggle with depression or just need to relax, these free or inexpensive apps can help you feel better.
- Calm: From beginner to advanced users, this app provides tailored programs for every individual to help their sleep, meditation and relaxation. From relaxing body exercises to daily mindful check-ins, Calm has helped millions sleep better, de-stress and remove anxiety from their lives for just $12.99 a month (provides free trial first).
- Headspace: Meditation and mindfulness are the basics behind this app. For $12.99 a month (provides free trial first), you can enjoy daily meditations for sleep, focus and relaxation, as well as SOS sessions to help when anxiety or panic strikes. Also, check out their various training videos to learn more about being present during the day to become the best version of yourself
- Breethe: Sleep & Meditation: Learn how to de-stress and sleep better with this app. Breethe offers a personal mindfulness coach, with various soothing music playlists, meditations, readings and more to bring you peace of mind. Be happier and healthier for $12.99 a month (provides free trial first) and try their hypnotherapy sessions to improve your mood.
- Reflectly: Do you enjoy journaling? Reflectly is the journal for happiness that helps you better understand your emotions and feelings throughout the day. Reduce your stress and negativity and learn the importance of self-care with this app for just $3.99 a month (provides free trial first).
- Moodpath: Depression & Anxiety: Mental illness is a large topic of concern today. If you struggle with anxiety and depression, you are not alone, and Moodpath is here to help you. As a personalized mental health companion, you can assess your health daily through an interactive journal for $47.99 a year (provides free trial first). Moodpath also provides intelligent audio and written exercises to educate users on topics like depression, rumination and self-confidence.
- Breathe2Relax: There are many benefits to practicing deep breathing: It’s a natural pain reliever, can help reduce stress levels and increases blood flow throughout your body. This app will teach you exactly how to do it through videos and tutorials. Follow along to the inhale and exhale cues and you’ll be deep breathing in no time.
- Talkspace: Daily stress at home and work can take a major toll on your mental health. And while talking with a therapist can help, many people don’t know where to find one or have the time to see one regularly. Talkspace allows you to text and chat with a licensed therapist as much as you want for $49 a week. You can also do couples therapy or live video therapy–all through the app.
For more ways to focus on your mental well-being, check out these blogs:
- The High-Tech Way to Become Way Less Stressed
- Is Everyone Around You Feeling Happy and You’re Not?
- 10 Natural Habits of Healthy People
Photo credit: JESHOOTS