Michigan August Bucket List: 10 Ideas to Squeeze the Most Out of Summer
The month of August might signal the end of summer, but that doesn’t mean the fun of the season is over.
On our list this month? Last-minute getaways, ballgames, blueberries, ideas to reset your mind and body and some practical ways to get ready for fall. Have a great month with these ideas:
- Plan a last-minute family vacation to make some memories before the hustle and bustle of back-to-school begins. Need ideas for where to go? Try small-town charm on for size in Alpena, Leland’s Fishtown or any of these fun beach towns.
- Take yourself out to the ballgame and support Michigan’s pro baseball team, the Detroit Tigers. Keep it healthy at Comerica Park with these yummy and good-for-you food options.
- August in Michigan means it’s prime blueberry time! Celebrate this antioxidant-packed fruit at one of these fun festivals around the state.
- If you’ve got kids, you know a major schedule change is on the way as they return to school. Make life easier on yourself by making a list and checking off back-to-school wellness visits, meal prep planning, and a better bedtime routine to save your sanity before the first day hits. Here are more transition tips.
- Bored with your current fitness routine? We think roller skiing is the perfect sport to try. You’ll get outside, explore faster than you can on foot, and generate a cool breeze as you move through the dog days of summer heat.
- If roller skiing sounds too out there for you, sign up for your first 5K. There are a ton of fall races in Michigan and training for one is an accessible way to pick up the running bug.
- Can’t make a weekend getaway happen? Build a campfire in your backyard or find a local park that allows fires. Grab supplies to make one of these easy campfire dinners or treats.
- Okay, thinking about allergy shots is definitely not the most exciting thing on this list. But, if fall allergies make you miserable every year, it’s a step that’s worth considering so you can continue to enjoy Michigan’s seasonal beauty. Here’s what you need to know about getting shots.
- Improving your mental health is always a worthy goal. Try working on changing your self-talk this month. You’re worth it!
- Start a new morning routine and set a zen mood for the day with this easy sun salutation sequence.
What’s on your list for August? Tell us in the comments.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
Photo credit: Steven Isaacson