The Power of a Positive Playlist
We all have those days.
The alarm doesn’t go off, you spill coffee on your white shirt before 10 a.m., and just nothing seems to go your way. To turn a bad day into a good day, consider the power of a good playlist.
Music therapy can help. Benefits of blasting your favorite tunes can include a boost in your overall mood, improved concentration and self-confidence, lower overall stress and even the ability to communicate more effectively.
Music has a way of transforming your emotions and mood. Use the power of music to motivate you, starting each day with a motivational or uplifting song. For example, Shake It Off by Taylor Swift is not only very catchy but it puts a positive spin on having a bad day. Instead of feeling bad about what is not going how you pictured in life, shake off the negative and focus on the positive.
Here are some songs to put you in a good mood and add to your positive playlist. We dare you to not sing and dance along.
- Happy Days Are Here Again, Barbara Streisand (1963)
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, The Beatles (1968)
- ABC, The Jackson 5 (1970)
- Dancing Queen, ABBA (1976)
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Cyndi Lauper (1983)
- Take On Me, A-ha (1985)
- Only Wanna Be with You, Hootie & The Blowfish (1995)
- Valerie, Amy Winehouse (2006)
- Shake It Off, Taylor Swift (2014)
- Can’t Stop the Feeling!, Justin Timberlake (2016)
What are some of your favorite mood-boosting songs?
Photo credit: verkeorg via Flickr