The most famous case of pink eye ever
| 2 min read
- Infections caused by viruses or bacteria (these two types are contagious and are what most people think of when they hear “pink eye”)
- Dry eyes from lack of tears or exposure to wind and sun
- Chemicals, fumes or smoke (chemical conjunctivitis)
- Increased amount of tears
- White, yellow or green eye discharge
- Itchy eyes
- Burning eyes
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Gritty feeling in the eye
- Crusting of the eyelids or lashes
- There isn’t usually medication that can treat it, so you need to be incredibly careful about not spreading it. Avoid touching the eye area and wash your hands frequently.
- Never share towels or handkerchiefs and always throw away tissues after each use.
- Disinfect surfaces like counter tops, sinks, and doorknobs.