How Much Do You Really Know About Diabetes? Take This Quiz!
| 2 min read
- Fill in the blanks. ______ (men/women) are more likely than ______ (men/women) to have undiagnosed diabetes.
- True or False? High blood pressure has nothing to do with your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- True or False? The younger you are, the higher your risk is for type 2 diabetes.
- True or False? The higher Body Mass Index (BMI) you have, the higher your risk for developing diabetes.
- Men are more likely than women to have undiagnosed diabetes. One of the big reasons is that men are less likely to go to their doctor regularly. One out of every four people with diabetes doesn’t know it, and a simple blood test can determine if you’re at risk for the disease or already have it.
- If you’ve ever been diagnosed with high blood pressure, this could contribute to your risk for developing type 2 diabetes. Make sure to talk to your doctor about your risk level if you have high blood pressure.
- As you get older, your risk for type 2 diabetes increases.
- Being overweight or obese is one of the largest risk factors for type 2 diabetes. That’s why eating healthy and being active can delay onset of the disease or prevent it completely.