How to Check Your Gifts for Potential Dangers to Babies or Toddlers
| 3 min read
- Follow the age-appropriate guidelines on a toy’s packaging.
- Pick toys that match a child’s interests and abilities.
- If purchasing a riding toy, also get the safety gear. Helmets should always be worn properly. They should be the right size to fit the child.
- Always keep small balls and toys with small parts away from children younger than 3.
- Keep deflated balloons away from children younger than 8.
- Throw away broken balloons immediately.
- Buy toys from retailers you trust.
- High-powered magnet sets are a safety risk to children, both toddlers and teens. Children can swallow loose magnets, causing serious injuries.