9 Budget-Friendly Family Activities Happening in March
| 3 min read
It’s not quite winter and it’s not quite spring, but that doesn’t mean it’s not time to have fun! There are tons of fabulous, family-friendly happenings going on around the Great Lakes State this month that are entertaining and cost-effective.
From arts and crafts to city celebrations, here are a few events worth checking out during the month of March:
- March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29- Free Planetarium Shows at Wayne State University: Spend a night admiring the stars in this free public event offered by Wayne State. The shows begin at 7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. every Friday.
- March 2- Family Day at the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum: This event allows your whole family to explore the art museum and take part in free hands-on activities. Be sure to stop by from 12-4 p.m. to express your creativity.
- March 2- Family Fort Night at the Clinton-Macomb Public Library: In the spirit of unplugging, families are invited to the library after-hours to read stories with flashlights in their very own forts. Register online.
- March 2, 9, 16- Free Cross Country Ski Lessons at Cross Country Ski Headquarters: This event teaches adults and children how to cross country ski in a one-hour lesson. The class ends with hot cocoa and a mini tour.
- March 7 and 14- Evening Open Public Tours at the Muskegon Museum of Art: March 7 and 14 mark free admission nights at the museum. Visit from 4-8 p.m. to check out the fantastic exhibits there during March.
- March 9- LaughFest’s Seriously Funny Family Adventure Challenge: Take your family on a series of competitive adventures through downtown Grand Rapids involving quick thinking and crazy acting. If you’re feeling extra silly, coordinate your team’s costumes for a chance to win Best Team Spirit!
- March 16- St. Patrick’s Day Parade: Downtown Kalamazoo will host a St. Patrick’s Day Parade to celebrate the festive holiday. The parade starts at 11 a.m. on Burdick St. Mall on Michigan Ave. and will occur rain, snow or sun.
- March 28- Makerspace at the Dexter District Library–Allow your child’s creativity to flourish at the Dexter Library. This event supplies the art supplies and allows the kids’ thinking to create whatever they desire.
- March 29- Archery at the Outdoor Adventure Center: Enjoy free admission from 6-8 p.m. and get the added bonus of learning about the history of archery in Michigan. You’ll even have the chance to shoot a few arrows yourself.
Looking for more ways to have fun as a family? You may also like these posts:
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan