Central Michigan University Health and Wellness Resources
| 4 min read
For many, college can be a mix of highs and lows, with great times underscored by a lot of stress. Attending a four-year university can come with a lot of pressure from classes, sports, clubs, work and much more.
That’s why it is important to take care of your health and wellness to be the most successful Chippewa you can be.
Central Michigan University is committed to creating a happy and healthy life for their students all year round. With a student population of almost 27,000, CMU boasts the resources necessary for a healthy lifestyle for every student.
CMU is located in the center of the Great Lakes state in the small but bountiful city of Mount Pleasant, Michigan. On and off campus, Mount Pleasant is full of hidden treasures to help create a healthy you at CMU.
Getting a proper diet is one of the most important factors when it comes to your health. CMU offers many on-campus dining options and many restaurants to make sure students never go hungry.
- Dining Halls: For those living on campus, there are many easily accessible dining halls. Meals featured in these locations include many healthy options while also offering meals that will make you feel like you are right at home.
- Restaurants: There are many healthy food options for students on the go. It’s easy to pick up a smoothie, salad, or sub sandwich in between your next meeting and class. Check out the online menus of campus restaurants to make the best choice at places such as Down Under Food Court, Burrito Bowl, Einstein Bros Bagels, Starbucks, The Market, and Subway.
- University Recreation:The Student Activity Center is the perfect place to go for your daily workout. Whether that includes a swim, run, workout in the fully-equipped gym or just relaxing in the sauna, the SAC has all your fitness needs located in one location. This building is free for all CMU students to enjoy year-round.
- Intramural and Club Sports: For those looking to be part of a team, Intramural Sports are the perfect fit. IM leagues are available for many different sports including: flag football, soccer, sand volleyball, basketball, racket sports and much more during fall and spring semesters.
- Fitness Classes: For fitness and wellness, CMU offers group fitness classes that are full of fun and a great workout. Classes are offered every weekday and include: cycle, yoga, upper body blast, lower body blast, athletic performance and Zumba.
- Student organizations:CMU offers nearly 400 student organizations to build a bond with the community around you. To pick the right organization for you think about what your hobbies and interests include. Something is offered for everyone to make CMU feel like their home away from home.
- Campus events: Follow CMU’s events calendar to see what is happening in the community, on and off campus. Events are offered year-round to enjoy and become accustomed to campus life.
- Community Service: Giving back gives you the opportunity to make a difference. Volunteering at CMU is easy to do through the Volunteer Center. More than 12,000 CMU students join efforts every year to help change someone’s life.
- Counseling Center:Mental health professionals are available for free and confidential counseling services for CMU students. Services are offered to speak on personal issues, academic success, survivor support, community referral, and urgent appointments. The Counseling Center can be reached at 989-774-3381.
- Foust Clinic:Student health services are in Foust Hall by appointment Monday through Friday. Here, students can see on-campus doctors for any health need. Colds can be easy to get when you’re around so many new people and different germs. This is an easy way to get the medicine you need right on campus.
- Troutman Hall Clinic: Walk-in appointments are available for students when urgent care is needed. This student health services clinic is in the Towers dorm hall Troutman for easy accessibility.
Use our checklist to make sure you’re ready for the new semester.
If you liked this post you might also enjoy:
Photo Credit: Brittany Allen