5 Things to Do This Spring in Mt. Pleasant
| 2 min read
Located in the middle of the Michigan mitten, Mt. Pleasant is home to Soaring Eagle Casino and Central Michigan University. If you are visiting Mt. Pleasant, there’s plenty to do. Here’s our Top 5:
- Deerfield Nature Park has trails perfect for hiking and biking on over 591 acres of land, with some of the trails running alongside the Chippewa River.
- Created by the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe, the Ziibiwing Center of Anishinabe Culture and Lifeways enlightens and educates all communities about the rich culture, heritage, and history of the Anishinabek people of the Great Lakes.
- Central Michigan University, or CMU, offers a scenic campus to visit. More than 15,000 students attend classes on the Mt. Pleasant campus.
- Heirloom Grove Farm is a family-owned and operated organic farm with fruit orchards, tulips, sunflowers, industrial hemp, soybeans, grapes, and honeybees. May is the perfect time for spring photos in the farm’s tulip field.
- If you are interested in canoeing the pristine Chippewa River, Chippewa River Outfitters has a wide selection of canoes, kayaks, and tubes to rent.
Whether you are visiting Mt. Pleasant for a day or longer, there are lots of ways to have fun.
Check out the highlights in this video.