In this recipe, almond and all-purpose flour come together with milk and salt to create a four-ingredient pie crust. You can use this versatile crust to make sweet as well as savory pies.
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ~½ cup milk (dairy or alternative)
- Optional for a sweeter crust: 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- In a bowl, whisk flours together to combine.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring as you go. The amount of milk varies every time. Use just enough milk so the dough holds its shape when you squeeze it together in your hand, feels supple and will be easily rollable.
- Bring the dough together into a ball. Roll out the pastry with a rolling pin on the counter, or press the dough into a baking dish with your hands. Prick the dough all over the bottom with a fork.
- Bake along with pie filling according to recipe instructions. For a no-bake pie, bake at 350° F for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden brown.