Made with only four base ingredients, this peanut butter oat bran cookie is a heart-healthier alternative to many cookie recipes. For some extra holiday magic, the cookie gets half-dipped in dark chocolate and topped with festive sprinkles.
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Optional: ¼ cup dark chocolate melting wafers
- Optional: 2 Tbsp. red and green sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until smooth, then add all other ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Roll approximately 2 tablespoons of the batter into a ball. Place on ungreased baking sheet and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Optional: Warm dark chocolate wafers according to package instructions until texture is smooth and runny. Dip half of the cookie in the chocolate, then drizzle green and red sprinkles over the chocolate before it cools and hardens.