White Wine Mushrooms and Zucchini Toasts Recipe
This vegan toast recipe is full of flavor and vegetables, but quick and easy to make. It offers a ton of fiber from the whole wheat toast to the mushrooms and zucchini, offering fullness. Enjoy as a weekend breakfast or weekday lunch.
- olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped, greens and whites separated
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (white or portobella)
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thin half-moons
- ¼ cup dry white wine (pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- 2 Roma tomatoes, flesh removed and finely diced
White Wine Mushrooms and Zucchini Toasts - Recipe Makes 4 Toasts
1. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, heat olive oil. Add garlic and green onion whites and cook until fragrant and lightly golden, stirring frequently.
2. Add mushrooms and zucchini and turn heat to medium. Stir frequently. When mushrooms and zucchini are tender, add white wine along with salt and pepper to taste. Stir then allow to cook until the wine is absorbed.
3. While mushrooms are cooking, toast bread to desired darkness.
4Add mushroom mixture to toast, top with green onion greens and diced tomatoes. Enjoy!