Healthier St. Paddy’s Day Shakes
“For each petal on the shamrock, this brings a wish your way. Good health, good luck, and happiness for today and every day,” – An Old Irish Blessing
St. Patrick’s Day is a celebration of Irish culture, four-leaf clovers and everything green.
If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to that popular minty fast food treat this March, check out these recipes below. Both are vegetarian and gluten-free.
Do you have a great recipe for a healthier take on St. Patrick’s Day treats? Share your favorite with us by leaving a comment below!
If you liked this blog, you might want to check out:
- Recipe Roundup: St. Paddy’s Day Snack Ideas
- St. Patrick’s Day: Get Your Plate in Shape with these Healthy Green Food Recipes
- 3 Springtime Vegetables You’ll Get to Cook With Soon
Photo by: Breville USA (recipes above not pictured)
2 large bananas, cut and frozen
1 cup fresh spinach
¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
½ medium avocado
¼ cup fresh mint leaves (about 25 leaves)
¼ tsp. pure peppermint extract
1-2 tbsp. honey
Lite whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings for topping (optional)
For the Luck of the Irish St. Paddy's Day Shake
1. Combine bananas, spinach, vanilla almond milk, avocado, mint leaves, peppermint extract and honey in a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. (Optional) Add whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings as toppings. Enjoy!
This recipe is adapted from Well Plated by Erin
1 frozen, ripe banana
1 cup milk
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
½ cup baby spinach, kale or other dark, leafy green of your choice
½ tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. mint extract
¾ cup of ice
A bit of sweetener or honey (if desired)
St. Paddy's Day Green Shake
1. Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
This recipe is adapted from Brianne with Cupcakes and Kale Chips