Three races across Michigan you won’t want to miss
Warm weather is finally here, which means the start of race season is upon us! While there are many races across the state worth participating in, we pulled together information on three of our favorites coming up this year. From great scenery to great fun, you won’t want to miss out on these events.
Mercy Health Seaway Run
- When: June 28, 2014
- Where: Muskegon, MI
- What to expect: This event has been a tradition in Muskegon for over three decades. There are a few different events involved, including a traditional 15k race, which is out to the beach and back, and the Community Fun Walk course, which winds through historic neighborhoods with views of beautiful Muskegon Lake.
- Cost to participate: Price ranges from $7 for the 5K Community Fun Walk up to $35 for the Lake Michigan Half Marathon.
- For more information and to register, visit: seawayrun.com
The Color Run
- When: July 12, 2014
- Where: Lansing, MI
- What to expect: Coined the “Happiest 5K on the Planet,” this event is unlike any other. Picture this: You start the untimed race in a plain white t-shirt and – after being doused in a different color every kilometer – finish the 5K completely covered head-to-toe in color.
- Cost to participate: When registering as a team of four or more, the cost is $40/person. When registering as an individual, the cost increases slightly to $45/person. (But hurry and register today as registration goes up $5 starting June 1.)
- For more information and to register, visit: www.thecolorrun.com/lansing/2014-07-12/
- When: September 20-21, 2014
- Where: Brooklyn, MI (Michigan International Speedway)
- What to expect: This event is for those who are up for a challenge. The Tough Mudder is a hardcore 10- to 12-mile obstacle course designed to test your all-around strength, stamina, mental grit and camaraderie.
- Cost to participate: Price starts at $100/person but increases month-over-month as the event draws near, so it’s best to register early.
- For more information and to register, visit: toughmudder.com/events/2014-michigan
What races are you looking forward to participating in this year? Comment below and let us know!
Photo credit: Bill Dickinson