Beat Cabin Fever: 5 Ways to Stay Active and Fit This Winter
Winter time is so tempting for me to hibernate along with the bears. It is also a time where weight gain can show up. Thinking about all the extra work I will have to do in the spring to get ready for bikini season makes me a little more motivated to keep and stay active in the winter.
Get Jiggy with It
I was brainstorming ideas for different activities to stay active in the winter besides the usual skiing, snowshoeing and ice skating. I thought, why not go old school and try these activities with your family, friends or by yourself?
- Hula hoop: have competitions on who can do the most with all the bulky clothes on!
- Snow Baller: Pack and throw snowballs to a target or see who can throw their snowball the farthest.
- Pin the Smile on the Snowman: Transfer this favorite classic game outside.
- Footprint Hide n’ Seek: Trick others where you are hiding with different footprint trails!
- Make an Outside Maze: Shovel or stomp the snow out into a maze for extra toning. Make it more challenging and play at night by using glow sticks lining the maze.
Here are more classic ways to get activity in the winter.
What are some of your favorite ways to stay active in the winter?