Talking to Your Kids About Smoking
| 2 min read
- Your clothes smell better
- No more bad breath
- Easier to breathe
- Fewer colds and respiratory infections
- Stronger immune system
- Greater physical stamina
- Better-looking, smoother skin
- Brighter and whiter teeth
- More money in your pocket since the average tobacco user spends more than $2,000 a year on tobacco products
- Smoking is responsible for 20% of all deaths in the United States
- 85% of lung cancer deaths
- 90% of deaths from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (or COPD)
- It increases a smoker’s risk of over eight different non-lung cancers by 300%
- Talk to your doctor.
- Read Blue Care Network of Michigan’s Quit Guide.
- Watch Blue Care Network’s video featuring a doctor’s advice on smoking.
- Call the Michigan Tobacco Quitline at 1-800-784-8669.