Take a stand for your health
| 3 min read
- Stand up during conference calls.
- Walk over to your coworkers desk rather than sending an email or g-chat.
- Ask HR if they’d be open to providing a standing desk for your office. More and more companies are open to this idea and it doesn’t hurt to ask if it’s doable.
- Set the goal of taking a five minute walk every hour or two. It will break up the day and get your body moving.
- Make a habit of walking after dinner. It will keep you from sitting around the kitchen table or heading straight for the TV.
- When you do want to catch your favorite show, don’t fast forward! Take advantage of every commercial break by getting up and getting a glass of water, emptying the dishwasher, etc. You can even sneak in some cardio or strength training.
- Take time to stretch. A few cow and cat yoga poses are perfect to offset sitting all day, as is stretching your hip flexors.