Top 5 Detroit St. Patrick’s Day Spots to Visit
| 3 min read
With the arrival of March, people from all over Michigan gather around in Detroit’s oldest neighborhood Corktown, to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. This weekend marks the 58th annual Detroit St. Patrick’s Day parade and Michigan Avenue is already looking beautifully decorated in green.
The Healthier Michigan team came up with five of our favorite spots you won’t want to miss on St. Patrick’s Day in Detroit’s oldest neighborhood.
5. Nemo’s: If you want to enjoy the parade in the heart of the action, it doesn’t get much closer than Nemo’s bar and grill. You will be able to see the parade first hand and enjoy the company of hundreds. Nemo’s has everything you need. Live entertainment, food, and the St. Patrick’s parade outside the door. Address: 1384 Michigan Ave, Detroit, MI 48226
4. Sugar House: If you’re looking for something a little craftier for St. Patrick’s Day then you must visit the Sugar House. Sugar House provides some of Detroit’s best well-crafted cocktails. You can’t go wrong with the bartenders’ suggestions. They will also have live Irish music and a corned beef sandwich buffet served all day. Address: 2130 Michigan Ave Detroit, MI 48216.
3. McShane’s Irish Pub: If you are looking for an early start to the St. Patrick’s parade then McShane’s Irish Pub is the spot. McShane’s will have plenty of great Irish music and Irish eats like bangers and mash, Irish stew, corned beef and cabbage, and shepherd’s pie. Address: 1460 Michigan Ave, Detroit, MI 48216.
2. Batch Brewing Company: If you are looking for some of Detroit’s finest brewed beer then Batch Brewing Company is what you are looking for. They also have a very unique food menu. We recommend their smoked whitefish spread. They have garage door gates opened when the weather is just right, which is perfect for parade viewing. Address: 1400 Porter St, Detroit, MI 48216.
1. The Gaelic League: If you are looking for an authentic Irish experience and want to celebrate the parade in the most traditional way, then the Gaelic league is your best choice. You will be warmly welcomed and entertained with live music including the top Irish bands. There will be delicious food like Irish sausage, turkey, and of course, corned beef. They also have an arrangement of tents outside to accommodate large crowds. Address: 2068 Michigan Ave, Detroit, MI 48216.
Where do you plan to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Let us know your favorite local spots by leaving a comment below.
If you enjoyed this blog check out these for more St. Patrick’s Day fun:
Photo credit: Ozzy_Delaney