What’s the Best Way to Have Fresh Breath?
Whether it’s morning breath that won’t go away or the onions from your lunch, everyone experiences bad breath from time to time. While it’s a problem no one wants to have, the good news is it’s easy to fix! So, next time you find yourself wondering if others can smell your bad breath, try out one of these simple tips to keep your mouth feeling fresh:
- Brush and floss: These steps are not only key to a healthy mouth, but also to avoid bad breath. Brushing and flossing properly can help rid your mouth of any food particles stuck in between your teeth.
- Clean your tongue: Foul-smelling bacteria and food debris often live on your tongue, making this part of your mouth a serious culprit to bad breath.
- Use mouthwash: A good mouthwash can help cleanse your mouth of any unnecessary bacteria. Rinsing at least once a day is essential to keeping your breath fresh.
- Drink lots of water: No matter what you’ve eaten, swishing water around in your mouth can help prevent bad breath from building up.
If you’re constantly worried about your breath and what’s causing the smell, it’s best to make an appointment to see your dentist. According to the American Dental Association regular checkups can allow your dentist to identify the cause and determine the best treatment.
- Dental Health: How Fluoride Works
- Help Brush Away Fears of the Dentist
- Good Dental Health Means Healthy Aging
Photo credit: Prostock-Studio