Michigan Labor Day Festivals We Love
It’s not too late to make plans for Labor Day weekend. Whether you’re looking for family-friendly festivals or simple ways to hang out, there are happenings all over Michigan.
Exploring our fair state is a great way to spend a long weekend. Here are some of our favorite festivals to get you started:
- Royal Oak: Arts, Beats and Eats: This annual fair celebrating art, music, cuisine and humanity returns with activities for all ages.
- Detroit: Detroit Jazz Festival: Located throughout the downtown area, this festival allows attendees to explore the city and enjoy great music along the way.
- Romeo: Michigan Peach Festival: Carnival rides, healthy activities and, of course, plenty of peaches! Be sure to check out the children’s parade on Labor Day too.
- Marquette: Marquette Area Blues Fest: If you’re looking to explore the U.P. and enjoy the blues simultaneously, look no further. The weekend also features food vendors, dance workshops and music tutorials.
- Hamtramck: Hamtramck Labor Day Festival: Spotlighting local fare and fun, this weekend staple is located in central Hamtramck and celebrates the cultural diversity of the city.
- Novi: Michigan State Fair: From local products to agricultural exhibits, this fair is all about Michigan. Don’t forget to stop by the farmer’s market for healthy, fresh options!
- Mackinac Island: Labor Day Jazz at the Grand Hotel: Some of the country’s top jazz performers flock to Mackinac for this four-day festival of outdoor musicality.
- Holly: Michigan Renaissance Festival: Artisans, artists and performers make this giant festival a great one for you and your family.
- Copper Harbor: Copper Harbor Trails Fest: Take part in a variety of athletic events to kick off the weekend and then relax with Bell’s beer, music and fun times on Saturday and Sunday.
If festivals aren’t your thing, there are also tons of parades happening over Labor Day Weekend. Be sure to check them out in Detroit, Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids or Muskegon.
What are you up to this Labor Day weekend?
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
- Labor Day Weekend in Michigan
- Summer in the Sun: Planning a Day at the Detroit Zoo
- Across the Straits: The Iconic Mackinac Bridge
Photo credit: SolStock