Great Michigan Summer Music Festivals
One of the many great things about Michigan is the amount of musical productions it hosts each year.
Summer is a particularly popular time for concerts and festivals; people often like to spend their time outside at venues like DTE Energy Music Theatre listening to their favorite music while enjoying the calm warm weather. There are festivals featuring different types of music in Michigan throughout the summer. Here are some we’re looking forward to.
- Alpena Blues Festival (Alpena, June 22-23): Many skilled Blues musicians share their talents with the community at the Alpena County Fairgrounds.
- Electric Forest (Rothbury, June 27-30): In addition to 4 days of electronic music, this festival features top-of-the-line production, performance artists and amazing light shows.
- Forestville – (Marquette, July 12-13): Music, Michigan breweries, food, and camping. What else do you need?
- Faster Horses – (Brooklyn, July 19–21): 3 full days of camping and country music packed with 40,000+ people.
- Woodtick Music Festival (Hermansville, August 1-4): A more laid-back festival inluding both regional and non-regional bands in the Upper Peninsula.
- JazzFest – (Lansing, August 2–3): Sit back and relax o some jazz and take in the numerous art galleries and grand architecture at this festival.
- Ann Arbor Blues – (Ann Arbor, August 16–18): Started by a small group of University of Michigan students back in 1969, this festival brings in legends of the jazz and blues genre.
- Porcupine Mountains Music Festival (Ontonagon, August 23-25): A wide variety of artists take the stage in this festival presented by the Friends of the Porkies.
Whether you’re interested in modern electronic music, blues, rock, or other genres, there are music festivals out there for everyone!
What are your experiences with music festivals? Have you been to any of the ones listed above?
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
- The Healing Powers of Music
- A Survival Guide for Michigan’s Festival Season
- How to Stay Safe in the Sun
Photo credit: theburied.life