Think Big and Shop Small with Small Business Saturday
Thanksgiving is two days away, but many people are already planning how they’re going to kick off their gift shopping over the weekend. Make sure you add this to your calendar: Small Business Saturday is November 28 and is a chance to support your local shops while checking presents off your to-buy list.
Michiganders know that there’s a lot to love about Michigan’s small businesses, which is why it isn’t a surprise that the Mitten State was recently ranked among the top 10 friendliest states in the nation for small businesses. 18,000 business owners around the country weighed in about what it’s like owning a small business. The results showed that Detroit ranked especially high based on how easy it is to start a business and hire people.
The future of small businesses in Michigan also just got a little brighter: 70 micro-grants were awarded just days ago to help small businesses around the state grow.
Help keep the entrepreneurial spirit alive in Michigan by supporting small businesses in your region on Saturday. We recently listed some of the best shops around the state and here are a few other ways to find out what small businesses are nearby:
- Local First of Grand Rapids
- Small Business Saturday in Downtown Holland
- Business Insider’s take on some of the coolest small businesses in Detroit
- Small Business Saturday in Downtown Marquette
- Small Business Saturday in Ludington
If shopping locally is your thing, you’ll probably enjoy these blogs too:
- Wear Your Conscience: 5 Michigan Shops to “Green” Up Your Wardrobe
- Drink Your Way to Good Health at Local Juice Bars
- Shop Local at These Michigan Natural Food Stores
Photo credit: Baker County Tourism