Snap a selfie with your shades
Sunglasses are more than just an accessory – they protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays. In fact, roughly 10 percent of all skin cancers are found on the eyelid and more than 900,000 people in the U.S. are blind due to cataracts triggered by UV exposure. So although they can look cool, they play a much more important role in your health.
In addition to yearly vision check-ups, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is encouraging Michiganders to take care of their eyes this summer by wearing sunglasses while outside. Starting today until Friday, June 27th, we’re giving away five $25.00 gift cards to be used toward the purchase of a brand new pair of shades for the summer! To enter, snap a selfie with your shades and share it on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #MIShades in the caption.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These rules apply to the “#MIShades Contest” (“Contest”).
Terms & Conditions
1. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the #MIShades Contest is Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, 600 E. Lafayette St., Detroit, MI 48226 (“Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility: Contest is open to all Michigan residents who are the age of eighteen (18) and older. Employees of Sponsor, its agents, affiliates and their immediate families are not eligible to enter Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable state, local, federal and national law and regulations. Void in locations where prohibited by law.
3. How to Enter: The Contest opens June 20, 2014 at 12:00 AM ET and will continue to be open until June 27, 2014 at 11:59 PM ET (“Promotional Period”).
Entrants can enter the Contest during the Promotional Period on Instagram or Twitter by using the campaign hashtag #MIShades with a picture showing them in sunglasses. Entrants can enter daily; there is no limit to the number of entries.
Entrant’s Warranty and Authorization to Sponsor: By entering the Contest, entrants warrant and represent that the Contest Entry has been created by the Entrant as an original work. By entering the Contest, Entrants also give Sponsor the right to reuse and/or repost their entries on Sponsor social media channels and in the #MIShades Contest. Entries may also be used in advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and all media now and hereafter known. Entrant names, likenesses and emails will not be used in any promotional or advertising materials. However, an entrant’s entry may be used when the Contest winner is announced.
4. Number of Prizes Available, Prizes, Approximate Retail Value and Odds of Winning Prizes: The prize will be five (5) $25 VISA® gift cards. Prize will be available to the winners after the contest has ended. BCBSM reserves the right to increase quantities of said prize during the contest depending on availability or response from participants. Odds of winning a prize depends on the number of entries made to the contest.
Selection of Winners: At the end of the Promotional Period, five winners will be chosen based on creativity, uniqueness and use of contest rules.
Potential winners will be contacted via the channel they submitted from the Sponsor. Potential winners will have seventy-two (72) hours to respond after receiving initial prize notification or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
5. General Prize Restrictions: No prize substitutions or transfer of prize permitted, except by the Sponsor due to prize unavailability. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name and likeness for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and all media now and hereafter known without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. Winner acknowledges that neither Sponsor, Contest Entities nor their directors, employees or agents, have made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturers’ terms, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee.
6. Limitation of Liability: The Sponsor, Contest Entities and their respective parents, affiliates, divisions, licensees, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of the foregoing entities’ respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (the “Released Parties”), are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transfer of entry information, human error, technical malfunction, lost/delayed data transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access websites, damage to a user’s computer system (hardware and/or software) due to participation in this contest or any other problem or error that may occur. By entering, participants agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into this contest, participation in any contest-related activity or use of any prize won. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason this contest is not capable of running as planned, or if this contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of this contest and processing of entries per these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering or unauthorized intervention affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest or any portion thereof, or to amend these rules without notice. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. This contest is governed by the laws of the State of Michigan and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of federal or state courts located in the State of Michigan for the resolution of all claims and disputes. Facebook is not a sponsor nor affiliated with this contest.
7. Contest Results and Official Rules: To obtain the identity of the prize winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to David Murray, Mail Code 0210, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, 600 E. Lafayette St., Detroit, MI 48226 USA.