6 Great Reasons to Get on Your Bike and Tour de Troit
The Tour de Troit is back! There are plenty of good reasons to pump up your tires, strap on your helmet and head to Roosevelt Park in Detroit this Saturday, Sept. 24. This annual 22-mile bike ride (a 62-mile version is also offered) attracted a record 3,000-plus cyclists last year and is expected to break a record again.
Here are six great reasons to join this year’s Tour:
- The ride is a great way to explore some of Detroit’s historic neighborhoods. Cycling provides a unique opportunity to explore the Motor City, bringing you up close and personal with the city in a way that a car can’t.
- The ride raises money for developing greenways and bike paths in the city.
- It’s a great way to spend an afternoon with 4,000 friends and neighbors who are excited about experiencing the D on two wheels.
- It’s a great way to introduce seasoned cyclists and new riders to the joy of urban cycling.
- Riders are treated to post-ride food, drinks and entertainment.
- Cycling is great exercise, with health benefits including better heart health, help burning calories for weight loss or maintenance, relieving depression and stress, increased strength and coordination and combating “flat” butt by sculpting and strengthening thigh and glute muscles.
The Tour de Troit begins at 8 a.m. and is led by a police escort. Bike it…you’ll like it!
Are you joining this year’s Tour de Troit? If you’ve taken part in it before, what was your favorite part?
Photo credit: Rex Roof