Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup
Photo credit: kae71463 via Flickr (recipe below not pictured)
- About 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (10 oz.) can of red enchilada sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 (14 oz.) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 oz.) can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15 oz.) can of whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish and serve with any of the following: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, tortilla chips or strips, sliced avocado, chopped fresh cilantro
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
1. Add all ingredients (except garnish ideas) to slow cooker.
2. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
3. Shred chicken with two forks before serving.
4. Serve warm with optional garnishes. Enjoy!