Recipe: Cinnamon Apple Pie Overnight Oats
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially for children. Experts agree that children who do not eat breakfast have shorter attention spans and often become tired throughout the day.
Additionally, lunch and dinner alone do not provide the amount of nutrients, vitamins and minerals that children need.
Mornings can be hectic, especially with younger children. Overnight oats are easy to make and don’t involve any cooking. Prepare them with oatmeal, Greek yogurt, your favorite fruit and even some chia seeds.
Check out this recipe for cinnamon apple pie overnight oats, which can be made using your favorite variety of Michigan-grown apples.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to subscribe to get updates from A Healthier Michigan in your inbox.
Check out some more recipe posts below:
- A Healthier Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- Tailgating Recipes | Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Sweet and Savory Skillet Sauté
Photo credit: Healthy Bits, Courtesy Image (feature)
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1 cup low fat milk or milk substitute
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of chopped apples
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoon chia seeds
Cinnamon Apple Pie Overnight Oats
1. Add all the ingredients evenly into two sealable containers, such as mason jars.
2. Stir and set in refrigerator overnight.
3. Serve warm or cold the next day. Makes two servings. Enjoy!