Tips for Dealing with Difficult People at Work
We’ve all had experiences getting along better with some co-workers than others. But what happens when a person’s attitude or behavior starts to drive you crazy at work?
Common behaviors of difficult people in the workplace include:
- Constantly being on their cell phone
- Not pulling their fair share of the work
- Taking credit for others’ work
Although we can’t control how people may treat us at work, there are simple coping strategies that can help us change our reaction.
Watch the video below to learn how:
Do you have advice for getting along with difficult people at work, or otherwise? Share your tips by leaving a comment below.
Photo credit: University of Essex
If you liked this blog, you might be interested in reading:
- The Surprising Connection Between Stress and Your Heart Health
- Stressed? Get Organized and Relax
- The Importance of Mental Health Programs in the Workplace
Editor’s note: This video is part of a research project conducted by the University of Michigan School of Public Health, with funding provided by the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Foundation.