Summer is filled with fun in the sun and great times with family and friends. And with all the times spent outside this summer, it’s important to take the right precautions, including proper sun care and staying hydrated.
From sizzling eats on the grill to making it burn at the gym, Healthy Blue Xtras is making it a Summer of Sizzle with a week-long trivia contest. Now until July 13, answer a sizzling trivia question at www.ahealthiermichigan.org/HBX every day for the chance to win a $25 gift card to one of the many health and wellness retailers across Michigan.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These rules apply to the “Healthy Blue Xtras Summer of Sizzle” (“Contest”).
Summer of Sizzle
Terms & Conditions
1. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Summer of Sizzle contest is Healthy Blue Xtras and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, 600 E. Lafayette St., Detroit, MI 48226 (“Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility: Contest is open to all Michigan residents and who are the age of eighteen (18) and older. Employees of Sponsor, its agents, affiliates and their immediate families are not eligible to enter Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable state, local, federal and national law and regulations. Void in locations where prohibited by law.
3. How to Enter: This contest opens on July 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM ET and will continue to be open until 11:59 PM ET on July 13, 2013 (“Promotional Period”).
Entrants can enter the Contest by answering trivia questions on a microsite hosted off AHealthierMichigan.org. Entrants are limited to one entry per day per email.
Entrant’s Warranty and Authorization to Sponsor: By entering the Contest, entrants warrant and represent that the Contest Entry has been created by the Entrant as an original work. By entering the Contest, Entrants also give Sponsor the right to reuse and/or repost their entries on Sponsor social media channels and in the BCBSM Healthy Blue Xtras Summer of Sizzle contest page. Entries may also be used in advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and all media now and hereafter known. Entrant names, likenesses and email will not be used in any promotional and advertising materials. However, an entrant’s name and entry may be used when the Contest winner is announced.
4. Number of Prices Available, Prizes, Approximate Retail Value and Odds of Winning Prizes: The prize will be six (6) $25.00 gift cards. Prize will be available to the winner after the contest has ended. BCBSM reserves the right to increase quantities of said prize during the contest depending on availability or response from participants. Odds of winning a prize depends on the number of entries made to the contest.
Selection of Winners: After the end of the Promotional Period, six winners will be chosen based on a random selection process. A panel of judges selected by the Sponsor (‘Judges’) will review all entries.
Sponsor will choose six winners on July 15, 2013. Potential winners will be notified based on the channel in which they submitted their entry and contacted via email from the Sponsor. Potential winners will have seventy-two (72) hours to respond after receiving initial prize notification or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
5. General Prize Restrictions: No prize substitutions or transfer of prize permitted, except by the Sponsor due to prize unavailability. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name and likeness for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and all media now and hereafter known without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. Winner acknowledges that neither Sponsor, Contest Entities nor their directors, employees, or agents, have made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturers’ terms therefore, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee.
- Limitation of Liability: The Sponsor, Contest Entities and their respective parents, affiliates, divisions, licensees, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of the foregoing entities’ respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transfer of entry information, human error, technical malfunction, lost/delayed data transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access web sites, damage to a user’s computer system (hardware and/or software) due to participation in this contest or any other problem or error that may occur. By entering, participants agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or liability for injuries, loss or damage of any kind, to person or property, arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into this contest, participation is any contest-related activity or use of any prize won. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason this contest is not capable of running as planned, or if this contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of this contest and processing of entries per these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest or any portion thereof, or to amend these rules without notice. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. This contest is governed by the laws of the State of Michigan and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of federal or state courts located in the State of Michigan for the resolution of all claims and disputes.
- Contest Results and Official Rules: To obtain the identity of the prize winner and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to David Murray, Mail Code 0210, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, 600 E. Lafayette St., Detroit, MI 48226 USA.