A perfect dish for any St. Patrick’s Day gathering! It offers a wide range of nutritional value, including a boost of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, iron and even calcium.
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 4-inch pieces
- 10 baby red potatoes
- 1 medium rutabaga, cut into wedges
- 1 onion, peeled and cut
- 4 large celery stalks
- 4 cups of water
- 1 (4 pound) lean, low-sodium corned beef brisket with spice
- 6-ounces of beer
- ½ head green cabbage
- Place carrots, potatoes, rutabaga, celery and oinion into the bottom of the slow cooker, pour in the water and place the brisket on top of vegetables. Pour the beer over the brisket. Sprinkle on spices, cover and set cooker on high.
- Cook the brisket for about 8 hours. An hour before serving, stir in the cabbage and cook.
Photo credit: Michael Litchfield