Healthy kid-friendly recipe: Make your own pizza
| 1 min read
Have some fun while cooking with your children this summer by creating personal pizzas! This kid-approved recipe combines healthy ingredients with your little chef’s favorite toppings for a fun spin on the Friday night staple, all while helping to teach your kids to cook.
- 4 mini whole-wheat pitas (or English muffins)
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, pushed through a garlic press
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- ½ pint bocconcini (about 20 balls), halved
- Heat broiler and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil; arrange pita halves on sheet, cut side up.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, oregano and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Dividing evenly, spread ricotta mixture on pitas, and top with spinach and bocconcini. Season with salt and pepper.
- Broil until cheese is melted and starts to brown, 4 to 6 minutes.