Try This Football-Inspired Workout
| 2 min read
Football season is under way, which means it’s time to plop in front of the TV with friends and family and dive into snacks and game day fare. Remember watching athletes burn calories on the field doesn’t mean that you are, too. In fact, the average fan consumes about 1,200 extra calories on game-day. If only watching athletes run up and down the field burned off those tailgating treats.
Here’s a quick 60-minute football-inspired workout to help tackle those extra game day calories before you hit the couch for the big game:
- Sprints: Sprint the length of 20 meters (the size of a tennis court). Walk back to starting location. Repeat 5 to 10 times.
- Squats & Lunge: Squat 15 to 20 times. 15 lunges on the right leg. Squat 15 times. 15 lunges on the left leg. Repeat.
- Sit-ups: Do as many as you can in one minute. Take a 15-30 second break. Repeat
- Shuffling: Begin in squatting position with one hand on the ground in front of you. Shuffle to the left 15 to 20 yards and touch the ground. Shuffle to the right 15 to 20 yards and touch the ground. Repeat 10 times.
- “Four Count” Burpee: Drop into a squat position with your hands on the ground. Extend your feet back in one quick motion to assume the front plank position. Return to the squat position. Return to an upright position. Repeat 15 times. After you’ve finished your sets, cool down with a drink of water and a 5-10 minute walk. Don’t forget to carefully stretch before and after working out to keep your body running smoothly before, during and after your training.
Don’t have time for a full workout? Squat, lunge and sit-up your way through the commercial breaks! Hit the gym with this new routine so you can enjoy game day with no regrets. Go online and search for deals on gyms to get moving with one of our Healthy Blue Xtra partners today.
If you liked this blog, check out:
Source: Skinny Mom
Photo Credit: Giovanni Arteaga