Holiday gift-giving in Grand Rapids
| 2 min read
As we have covered our favorite places to find holiday gifts in Detroit and Milford, we move towards the other side of the state in visiting what West Michigan offers us for our holiday shopping lore. Continuing in efforts of supporting local businesses, goods, and services, the featured stores below support a local mission in their practices. To find an extensive list of additional local businesses in West Michigan, check out those that have been certified under the Local First umbrella.
The entire city has a plethora of shops and boutiques for holiday shopping adventures; however, I have highlighted eight popular and well-rounded options suited for just about any person on your shopping list.
1. Lamb: A lifestyle boutique located in the East Hills neighborhood with clothing, accessories, books, paper, candles, kitchen goods, and more. An eclectic mixture of goods from around various worldly locales.
2. Minty Keen: One of my favorite vintage gems, Minty Keen is eco-friendly and vintage chic with all products and gifts made in Michigan.
3. Art of the Table: A specialty shop full of gourmet foods, table accessories, and serving items. You can also find small batch and somewhat rare wines, beers, and liquors.
4. Jbandme: A mother and daughter duo created this shop of designer fashions applicable and appealing to women of all ages.
5. Hopscotch Children’s Store: A children’s store specializing in locally crafted goods ranging from diapers and toys to gear and apparel.
6. Wolverine Company Store: The retail side of local footwear marketer, Wolverine Worldwide, with supported brands like Hush Puppies, Sebago, Sperry, Chaco, and more.
7. Lee and Birch: One of my very favorite retail stops in downtown Grand Rapids, full of clothing, shoes, accessories, and home goods.
8. Redux Books: For those of us that find ourselves giddy in old, used bookstores, Redux Books carries a wide selection of books, but concentrates on rare, out of print, and antique texts.
What are your favorite local shops in Grand Rapids?
Photo credit: stevendepolo