A Year in Review and a Look Ahead to 2017
| 2 min read
This year, we’ve loved seeing your favorite tips for getting healthy in 2016 – whether it’s a new veggie-filled recipe, fun workouts in Michigan, or cool events going on around the Mitten State. To finish the year right, here are the blogs you couldn’t get enough of in 2016—and a sneak peek at some of the trends you can look out for in 2017:
- The Nutritional Value of Egg Whites Versus Egg Yolks: What Do You Use?They’re high in protein, inexpensive and easy to cook—it’s no wonder a post about eggs was the most read blog of 2016. Eggs are going to stay popular in 2017 as people come up with more creative ways to use them in meals other than breakfast. One unique way to use them: to help brew coffee!
- Ten Songs to Pump Up Your Workout Playlist
Who doesn’t love high-energy workout music? While we can’t predict what songs will be on the 2017 list, we can promise there are going to be some cool new workouts you’ll be trying for the first time. One activity that’s just going to be getting bigger and bigger: boxing.
- 5 Fun Facts About Michigan
There’s a reason lots of people love living in Michigan—it is so fun to explore! In 2017, we want to challenge you to get to know it a bit more. Here are two destinations that will be popular in the new year: the M-1 Rail and Little Caesars Arena.
- 4 Healthy Alternatives to Flavored Coffee Creamers
More than 80 percent of adults in the U.S. drink coffee—it’s no wonder this post was so popular. Milk alternatives like almond milk are going to become more common in coffee shops around Michigan in 2017. And you’re going to have some new coffee shops to explore next year, like The 205 Coffee Bar in Holland and Starbucks Reserve coffee coming to Oakland County.
- Healthy Meatless Meal Recipes, Not Just For Vegetarians
Everyone is looking for ways to be healthy and save money – which explains why this was a top post. What food trends will get big in 2017? We’re excited about the new produce going mainstream, like purple asparagus.
What was your favorite post on aHealthierMichigan this year? Tell us in the comments below!