What is Stress?
Subscribe to hear all the episodes
On this episode, Chuck Gaidica welcomes Dr. Duane DiFranco, a board-certified psychiatrist, to discuss what is stress and how we can use it to motivate ourselves towards positive things.
“Stress is a very normal reaction. It’s something we were given to help us out and that strikes people as very strange.” – Dr. Duane DiFranco
In this episode of A Healthier Michigan Podcast, we explore:
- The stress response (stressors) – fight or flight.
- Why we need stress and how pain indicators can help us.
- How substances such as caffeine and alcohol make it harder for us to deal with stress.
- The components of stress:
- Affective (emotional)
- Cognitive (thoughts)
- Behavioral (actions)
- Physiological (bodily changes, muscle tension)