NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These rules apply to the “#MIKidsCan Play like a Lion Challenge” (“Contest”)
#MIKidsCan Play like a Lion Challenge
Official Contest Rules and Regulations
- TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. All federal, state and local regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. The Contest runs from July 6, 2015 at 8:01 a.m. to Aug. 2, 2015 at 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time (“Promotional Period”). To enter, (“Entrant”) must complete the entry form online found at ahealthiermichigan.org/MIKidsCan and take the pledge to aim to complete the Blue Cross Play like A Lion guide’s four healthy challenges each week: 1.) Eat Like a Lion: Fill half your plate with fruits and veggies for lunch and dinner each day. 2.) Throw Like a Lion: Grab a friend or family member and toss a ball around for 30 minutes each day. 3.) Play like a Lion : Be active for 60 minutes each day. 4.) Sleep Like a Lion: Get 8 to 12 hours of sleep each night and power down screens at least one hour before bedtime. The challenge is for educational purposes only. The Play like a Lion Training Guide is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions about a medical condition, or before beginning any new diet or exercise regimen for you or your child. Any purchases made for the purpose of entering the Contest is the sole responsibility of the Entrant. All entries must be received by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (“BCBSM”) no later than Aug. 2, 2015 at 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, to be considered for entry. BCBSM is not responsible for late, undelivered, misaddressed, ineligible, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or incorrect entries. BCBSM has sole discretion on determining ineligible entries. These “Official Rules” are available by mailing a request to #MIKidsCan Play like a Lion Challenge, c/o Duffey Petrosky, 38505 Country Club Drive, Farmington Hills, MI 48331.
Submitting your grand prize entry form:
Parents or legal guardians of children should visit www.ahealthiermichigan.org/mikidscan and fill out the entry form to complete the application to be eligible to win the grand prize.
CONDUCT: By entering this sweepstake, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges that shall be final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstake; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
Weekly prize entries:
To share a photo on Facebook publicly:
- Upload a photo to Facebook from your computer or mobile device using #MIKidsCan
- Click on the down arrow next to the date shown on the photo/post you are attempting to share
- Under, “who should see this?” select “Public”
To share a photo on Twitter publicly:
- Visit https://twitter.com/settings/account
- Select security and privacy
- Make sure the box stating “Protect my Tweets” is not checked
- Click save changes
- Upload your photo to Twitter using #MIKidsCan
To share a photo on Instagram publicly:
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device
- Tap the profile icon
- Tap the settings icon
- Make sure the “Private Account” setting is turned off. Hit “ok” if prompted.”
- SELECTION OF WINNERS AND NOTIFICATION: BCBSM will randomly select 10 grand prize winners from eligible entry forms on Aug. 3, 2015. Once winners have been selected, they will be contacted by BCBSM on or around Aug. 3, 2015. Winners will be announced to the public at ahealthiermichigan.org/mikidscan on or around Aug. 6.
Four autograph prize winners will be select on July 13, July 20, July 27 and Aug. 3, 2015 from eligible photos shared on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. These winners will be contacted by BCBSM on or around the selection dates via the social media channel they shared their image on and/or contact information provided in the user’s entry form.
If any potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, such potential finalist will be disqualified and an alternate potential finalist will be selected at sole discretion of BCBSM from all remaining eligible entries, time permitting. Prize must be claimed within 36 hours by potential winners after receiving initial prize notification. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Sponsor’s decisions on matters relating to this Contest are final. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected.
- PRIZE DETAILS: There will be ten grand prize winners, and four autograph prize winners, which shall consist of the following:
- Ten winners will receive a #MIKidsCan Play like a Lion grand prize package (approximate retail value of $225):
- On-field access prior to the Aug. 13, Detroit Lions preseason game where they will participate in a workout with Lions trainers and staff; with Lions player appearance(s).
- Participation in the fan tunnel experience prior to the game
- Four individual game tickets (one for the winner, winner’s friend or sibling (ages 6-12) and two adults
- Special autograph session with a Detroit Lions player
- A healthy dinner
- T-shirt and #MIKidsCan goody bag
- Autograph prize items
- (2) Matthew Stafford autograph jerseys (approximate retail value $200)
- (2) Matthew Stafford autograph hats (approximate retail value $125)
BCBSM reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value as necessary. All prizes are non-transferable. All taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, expressed or implied. BCBSM does not provide transportation to or from the Detroit Lions game or parking. Any winner seeking an accommodation with respect to a disability must indicate their request no later than three days prior to the prize experience date.
- ELIGIBILITY: YOU MUST BE A MICHIGAN RESIDENT THROUGHOUT THE CONTEST PERIOD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN. Minors entering the Contest must be between the ages of 6 to 12 on Aug. 13, 2015 and must have consent of their legal guardian. Legal guardian grants permission to the minor to enter this Contest and the minor and his/her legal guardian both make the aforementioned representation. Autograph prize winners are only eligible to win one prize pack throughout the duration of the contest. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of legal U.S. residency if requested by Sponsor to determine eligibility and as a condition of prize award. Employees of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan/Blue Care Network, the Detroit Lions, and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, agents, affiliates, suppliers, printers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, Sponsor and Promotion Parties) and the immediate family members of each, are not eligible to participate or win. Sponsors retain the right to arbitrarily and subjectively disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate for any reason.
- CONTEST ENTRY REQUIREMENTS/CLEARANCES
(a) No Names and Likeness Without Permission: Contest Entries must not use individuals’ names, in whole or in part (except for the Entrant’s first name); refer to public figures; contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other identifying elements of any person, living, or dead without permission.
(b) No Illegal, Offensive or Inappropriate Content. The Contest Entries must not contain illegal, offensive or inappropriate content. In the sole and unfettered judgment of the Sponsor, the Contest Entries must not contain words, images or statements considered offensive to individuals of any race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group nor contain material that is unlawful, sexually explicit, libelous or content that potentially infringes on their party rights. Content must be in keeping with Sponsor’s reputation and image as determined by Sponsor. (All of the above requirements and criteria collectively named the (“Requirements & Clearances”). Any failure to meet the Requirements and Clearances may result in disqualification.
All entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and a grant to the Promoter of any and all rights to the entry, any and all rights to publish, modify, edit, promote or use in any way in any and all media, without limitation
- GENERAL: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Prizes will be awarded only to residents of the state of Michigan. Except as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, no substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted, and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value. Prize winners will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes on prizes. If applicable, winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize. All other expenses on the receipt and use of the prize not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the winner. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor, and their respective parents, affiliates, divisions, licensees, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of the foregoing entities’ respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (the “Released Parties”), are not responsible for including, but not limited to, incorrect or inaccurate transfer of entry information, human error, technical malfunction, lost/delayed data transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access websites, damage to a user’s computer system (hardware and/or software) due to participation in this Contest or any other problem or error that may occur. By entering, participants agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against, any and all rights, claims, and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, indirect, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize in the Contest, or their participation in the Contest, or their participation in any Contest or prize-related activity. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, or if this Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of this Contest and processing of entries per these rules, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering or unauthorized intervention affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof, or to amend these rules without notice. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any person who tampers or is suspected of tampering with the entry. Caution: any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any website, including but not limited to, the ahealthiermichigan.org website, or undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and or other remedies from any such Entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the Detroit Lions, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- WINNER RELEASES: All participants by entering this Contest, grant full permission to Sponsors and the Detroit Lions to use, publish or republish participants’ entry submissions, as well as name, nickname, voice, biographical information, photograph, and/or other likeness, however captured, for any purpose (including, without limitation, for advertising, sales, promotional and/or any other commercial purposes), in any media or format now or hereafter known, worldwide and in perpetuity, without further compensation, authorization or notification to participant or anyone on participant’s behalf, and agree to release The Detroit Lions, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network, its affiliates, sponsors and all officers, directors, equity holders, and agents of the foregoing from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with this Contest or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or in the announcement or offering of any prize. By entering this Contest, Entrants agree that all entries and the contents thereof belong to the Sponsors. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty of any kind concerning the appearance, performance or safety of any prize.
- PRIVACY: Sponsors shall be responsible for the collection and use of information provided by Entrants. Sponsors may use and collect information provided by users (including information provided on the entry form). This information is subject to Sponsors’ privacy policies (“Privacy Policies”) http://www.bcbsm.com/index/common/important-information/privacy-practices.html#Privacy. By entering this Contest, you consent to that collection and use in accordance with the Privacy Policies.
- NAME OF WINNERS:The winners’ names may be requested by sending the request to: #MIKidsCan Play like a Lion Challenge c/o Duffey Petrosky, 38505 Country Club Drive, Farmington Hills, MI 48331.
- SPONSORS: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, 600 E. Lafayette, Detroit, MI 48226.