5 Things to Do This Spring in Alpena
Known as the Sanctuary of the Great Lakes, the historic port city of Alpena sits nestled between a vast forest and Lake Huron’s picturesque Thunder Bay.
- Shipwreck Tours at Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary take visitors out on glass-bottom boats to explore what’s below the waves of Lake Huron.
- Great Lakes Maritime Heritage Center features 10,000 square feet of exhibits revealing the rich history of the Great Lakes.
- Besser Natural Area is a serene 1-mile foot trail that leads to the ghost village of Bell, white pine trees, a lagoon, and a beautiful sandy beach.
- Starlite Beach is a kid-friendly park overlooking Lake Huron with play structures, public restrooms, a pavilion, a picnic area, a beach, and a splash park.
- Alpena Bi-Path Trail is a 14-mile almost flat and paved loop that runs past parks and other amenities.
There are lots of ways to get out and enjoy Alpena. Check out the highlights in this video.
- 5 Things to Do This Spring in Holland
- Lighthouses That Should Be on Your Summer Road Trip List
- 8 Destinations Across Michigan That Are Great for Kids
Photo credit: Getty Images
(Visited 577 times, 1 visits today)