Welcome spring with this veggie puff pastry tart. This easy appetizer comes together by baking a puff pastry until crisp and topping it with creamy and zesty ricotta along with arugula and pomegranate seeds for a pop of sweetness.
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg, whisked for egg wash
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- ½ lemon, wedged
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Arugula, two handfuls
- 3 Tbsp. parmesan cheese, shaved
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic reduction
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheets and press out any creases. Score a 1-inch border around the edges. Prick the pastry with a fork and brush the pastry with egg wash.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven. Fold over the scored edges of the puff pastry to create a ridge.
- While the puff pastry is baking, prepare the ricotta mixture. In a bowl, mix ricotta, juice from 1 lemon wedge, garlic, chives, salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture on the puff pastry and spread ricotta mixture on top. Top with arugula, parmesan cheese, pomegranate seeds, juice from one lemon wedge and a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
- Serving Size: 6-8