Pears are roasted to tenderness and caramelized with brown sugar and warm baking spices. A touch of cardamom adds complex flavors and aroma to this cozy dish.
- 2 pears, preferably Bartlett
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp. ground cardamom, divided
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, divided
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, 2-5% milkfat
- 2 tsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Halve pears and remove the core, leaving skin and stem on. Place in baking cut-side up in a baking dish.
- In a bowl, thoroughly combine melted butter, brown sugar, honey, 1 tsp vanilla extract (save the other half for the yogurt), 1 tsp cardamon (save the rest for the yogurt, other baking spices, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Pour and brush the mixture over the pears and flip cut-side down. Bake for 30 minutes, or until tender this depends on the tenderness of the raw pear). Flip the pears cut-side up, and bake for 5 minutes, or until tops caramelize. Reserve the liquid mixture at the bottom of the baking dish.
- While the pears are baking, prepare the yogurt. Thoroughly combine Greek yogurt with honey, and the remaining vanilla extract and cardamom.
- To serve, spread ¼ cup Greek yogurt on a plate. Place a pear half on top. Drizzle reserved liquid mixture on top for extra flavor.