In this recipe, garlic is sauteed in olive oil until fragrant, then simmered with sweet cherry tomatoes and dry white wine. It is simple and delicious.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 3 Tbsp. fresh basil plus a few leaves for garnish
- 1/3 cup dry white wine such as pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc
- 2 cups pappardelle pasta, cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pan over medium-low heat, heat olive oil and add garlic. Sear until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, oregano and red pepper flakes, and turn the heat up to medium. Allow tomatoes to sear until some water is released, about 5 minutes. Add white wine and basil. Allow to simmer.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions. For al dente (hard to the bite), cook for a minute less than the package instructions.
- Reduce temperature to medium-low on the pasta sauce and allow the sauce to reduce until desired texture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss with pasta, serve in pasta bowl, grate parmesan on top and add basil for garnish.