Traditional bruschetta is served up using cherry tomatoes and oregano, but this beet rendition won’t disappoint. Paired with a creamy, orange-infused Greek yogurt and crunchy pistachios, this dish makes for an excellent appetizer.
- 1 12 oz can beets
- 1 orange
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- Whole wheat cracker breads
- Drain beets. Finely dice and add to a bowl.
- Remove the skin from an orange using a knife. Set aside a ~1/4 of the orange to juice, then dice the remaining orange the same size as beets. Add to the bowl with beets and add olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, prepare yogurt by adding reserved orange juice and honey. Stir until well combined.
- On a whole wheat cracker or cracker bread, spread 2 tablespoons of yogurt mixture and top with 3 tablespoons of beet bruschetta. Top with 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios.