Despite its minimally processed ingredients and little added sugar and saturated fat, this decadent treat tastes like a candy bar. This recipe requires only four ingredients.
• 12 oz Medjool dates, pitted
• 1/3 cup cashew butter
• 1/3 cup 60% dark chocolate chips
• ¼ cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
1. Place ~1 teaspoon cashew butter inside of the date where the pit generally is, gently closing the date over the cashew butter.
2. Warm dark chocolate chips in microwave until runny or use stovetop method to melt the chocolate.
3. Dip the filled date in the dark chocolate, or drizzle if preferred. Immediately sprinkle ~1/2 tsp hazelnuts on top before chocolate hardens.
4. Freeze for at least 2 hours before consuming for best texture. Lasts 1-2 months in the freezer in a freezer-safe container.