Halibut with Lemony Salsa
Halibut has many health benefits– from being an abundant source of macronutrients to reducing inflammation throughout the body. Most significant is its supply of omega-3 fatty acids, which help to lower blood pressure, increase the “good” cholesterol and prevent blood clots.
With this recipe, you get the health benefits of halibut and the delicious taste of a lemon salsa that’s sure to please your taste buds.
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
• 2 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• Zest of one lemon
• 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes, diced
• 3 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil or 3 tsp. dried
• 2 tsp. capers
• 4 5- to 6-ounce halibut steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
Grilled Halibut with Lemony Salsa
1. Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, crushed garlic cloves and lemon zest in small bowl to blend. Stir in tomatoes, fresh basil and capers. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 hour ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
2. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Season halibut steaks with salt and pepper. Brush fish with 1 tablespoon liquid from lemon salsa. Grill or broil halibut steaks until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer fish to serving plates. Serve with salsa and garnish with basil. Enjoy!