Have you ever thought about eating a flower? Well, it probably wouldn’t be that great on its own, but certain flowers can be incorporated into recipes. Take lavender, for example. It provides a unique flavor, unmatched scent and can also add health benefits to your meal, like lowering blood pressure and helping with nausea.
Check out these yummy lavender-themed recipes.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
Photo credit: elminium
- 1 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. dried lavender
1. Pour honey into medium or large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add in dried lavender and let honey come to a boil.
3. Boil for 5 minutes and then remove from heat.
4. Strain through a mesh sieve into a heat-proof container.
5. Allow honey to cool to room temperature uncovered for at least an hour.