Cheeseburger Salad Recipe
Do you like cheeseburgers? Do you like salad? If so, this is the recipe for you!
This dish mixes two menu staples and turns them into something both delicious and nutritious.
This recipe calls for avocados, which contain a large amount of vitamin B6, vitamin C, potassium and fiber. Lean ground beef also provides nutritional benefits – it’s a good source of protein and is rich in both zinc and iron.
This recipe is perfect to bring to your next potluck dinner.
Want more healthy dinner ideas? Check these out:
- Easy, Budget-Friendly Dinner Recipes
- Meals through the Mail? Pros and Cons of Dinner Delivery Service
- Asian Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
For the Salad
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground beef
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 dill pickle spears, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional items include: raw or grilled mushrooms, chopped hard-boiled egg, bacon bits
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. dill pickle juice
- 4 tsp. ketchup
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
1. In a large bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper. With wet hand, gently form into 4 equal patties. Set aside.
2. In another large bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Set aside.
3. Cook hamburger patties on a grill or in a pan to medium doneness, around 4-5 minutes per side. After flipping the patties, add the onion rings to the grill. Cook onion for the remaining 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through. Allow patties to rest for 5-10 minutes then cut each patty into around 16 bite-size pieces.
4. Add the lettuce, pickles, onion, avocado and tomato to the bowl. Divide the salad among 4 plates, top each with grilled onions, cheese, and 1 chopped patty. Drizzle with ¼ of the dressing. Enjoy!
Recipe Inspired by: SkinnyTaste