Michigan’s Biggest and Brightest Holiday Light Shows
The holiday season is the most magical time of the year. Entire communities transform into winter wonderlands with glowing decorations, music, food, and shopping. They also host some of Michigan’s biggest and brightest light shows, which can be seen for miles on end.
Check out some of the visual displays making appearances in Dearborn, Flint, Battle Creek, and more.
- Big Bright Light Show – Rochester, MI: Every evening, from 5 p.m. to midnight, Downtown Rochester becomes a glowing holiday spectacle. Local businesses are covered in over a million points of light, providing a gorgeous backdrop for customers and first-time visitors. The display runs until Jan. 6, 2019.
- Nite Lites – Brooklyn, MI: Located at the Michigan International Speedway, Nite Lites is a drive-thru holiday display that accommodates cars, buses, and even motorhomes. The tour is available Sunday through Saturday starting at 5:30 p.m. and will run until Dec. 31.
- Wayne County Lightfest – Westland, MI: This holiday event is more than meets the eye. Aside from its glimmering lights, Wayne County Lightfest is home to the Santa Shelter, a place where kids can have refreshments and take photos with the man himself. Lightfest runs until Dec. 31, while Santa heads out early on Dec. 23.
- Christmas Lite Show – Comstock Park, MI: Now, in its 21st year, the Christmas Lite Show is considered one of West Michigan’s favorite holiday traditions. For nearly two miles, spectators can enjoy over a million lights including animated displays and tunnels. Festivities end Dec. 31.
- Festival of Lights – Battle Creek, MI: The Battle Creek Winter Festival of Lights features dazzling structures, carnival attractions, a circus, and family-friendly games. The best part: All events are free of charge. The festival begins Dec. 14 and ends Dec. 29.
- Holiday Trail of Lights – Davison, MI: Starting Dec. 15, the trails of Robert Williams Nature and Historical Learning Center will be covered in thousands of holiday lights. There’s no need to pre-register. Get your tickets at the gate and enjoy all the festivities by Dec. 29.
- Wild Lights at the Detroit Zoo – Royal Oak, MI: This visual spectacular consists of five million LED lights wrapped around trees, buildings, and over 200 animal-shaped sculptures. Take a walk on the wild side with this one-of-a-kind experience that runs until Dec. 31.
- Holiday Nights in Greenfield Village – Dearborn, MI: Each year, Greenfield Village hosts the ultimate holiday affair with delicious food and seasonal entertainment. Enjoy live musical performances, ice skating, craft making, cooking demonstrations and a bold fireworks display. Get your tickets before Dec. 27.
- Christmas at Crossroads Village – Flint, MI: Christmas at Crossroads Village takes holiday cheer to the next level. The small community is filled with costumed villagers, music, model trains, and a visit from Santa Claus. This event is available from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. until Dec. 30.
- Campus Martius – Detroit, MI: In Downtown Detroit, Campus Martius is an iconic holiday fixture. Home to the city’s annual tree lighting, the park boasts holiday markets, ice skating, and live performances. The bright colors, energy, and decorations are guaranteed to lift anyone’s spirits. Take in the sights and sounds before the end of Dec.
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:
- Tips for a Mindful Holiday
- Unique Places to Visit Santa in MI
- Michigan December Bucket List: 10 Ideas for a Merry Month
Photo Credit: martin-dm