Christmas Tree Pizza
Make your pizza extra-festive by styling it into a Christmas tree shape. The cauliflower crust is practically unnoticeable as far as taste and adds some extra nutritional properties for kids and adults.
Spinach is packed with nutrients and contains potassium, magnesium and vitamins B6, B9 and E. In addition, the pesto helps add flavor and extra nutrition.
Get the kids involved by making this fun pizza together as a family activity. You can adjust the toppings as you see fit and make a dinner filled with holiday cheer.
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 small to medium sized head of cauliflower – should yield 2 to 3 cups once processed
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder or 1 clove of garlic minced
- a few shakes of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- Pizza sauce or pesto
- Fresh mozzarella or feta
- Bell peppers
Christmas Tree Pizza
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
2. Wash and dry cauliflower. Cut off stems and use florets. Pulse the cauliflower florets in your food processor to "rice" the cauliflower. Do this for about 30 seconds until the cauliflower looks like rice. Place riced cauliflower in microwave safe bowl and place in microwave for about 2 minutes.
3. Let cauliflower cool for a few moments. Then dump into clean, dry kitchen towel and squeeze out the excess moisture. This will make sure that your pizza crust sets and doesn't turn into a crumbly mess due to too much moisture. Mix all ingredients together.
5. Spray your cookie sheet or pizza stone with cooking spray. Then mold your cauliflower pizza crust onto it. Think thin crust pizza and it should be about 10 inches in diameter.
6. Bake your pizza crust in the oven for 8-12 minutes. Take out crust and let cool for a few minutes.
8. Place your favorite pizza sauce and toppings on cauliflower crust to look like a holiday tree and bake until cheese melts (about 5-7 minutes). I recommend vegetables and light cheese. Serve and enjoy.